Please read the following provisions to understand how BOCS uses the Personal Data collected. By providing your Personal Data to us, you are consenting to this Policy and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data as described in this Policy.
1. The designated Personal Data Protection Officer is the current Director of Membership and social event of BOCS or, if the Vice President is not able to perform the relevant duties, the current Treasurer of BOCS .
2. BOCS requests some or all of the following information from all members and attendees at events organized by BOCS :
- Your personal information such as your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, NRIC or passport number; and
- Your contact information such as your postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address and user name on various social media websites.
Some of the above data is required for the specific purpose of checking your eligibility for enrolling as a member at any moment in time, and if you fail to provide this data as requested, we may be unable to allow you to join/remain in BOCS as the case may be. We are also required by the Registry of Societies to maintain a register of members which includes the Personal Data supplied by you.
3. We may use the Personal Data you provide for one or more of the following purposes:
(a) To process and administer your application to join BOCS
(b) To process and administer your requests for renewal of the membership to BOCS
(c) To provide access to our websites and our presence in social media websites.
(d) For sending announcements / notices from BOCS or BOCS by email/hard copy to your email/postal address as the case may be
(e) For your use of the online products and/or services available at any of our websites and/or through other telecommunication channels
(f) For sending notices of meetings, events and gatherings
(g) For sending notices and reminders for the renewal of your membership and expiry of your membership
(h) For identification and verification purposes in connection with your registration or participation in any of the meetings, events or gatherings organised by BOCS
(i) To contact you regarding your enquiries.
(j) To disclose to other BOCS or BOCS for verification purposes in connection with your registration/membership or participation in any meetings, events or gatherings organised by the respective organisations or to deal with your request for a transfer of membership or purchase of any BOCS merchandise sold by the respective organisations or any other related purpose
(k) To disclose to any third party in order to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Singapore, as being in force from time to time
(l) To improve our security, including in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
4. BOCS ’s websites are hosted on third party servers. When you access our websites, data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed) may be collected by the servers hosting our websites. This data may be used to monitor the attractiveness of our websites and improve their performance or content.
5. When you view one of our websites, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your PC next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, to store your password to save you from having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
6. We may use Paypal as one of our payment options. Members and any other person(s) who use this mode of payment should note that the use of this service is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy practice of Paypal.
7. Our websites may contain links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over data that you submit to or receive from these third parties.
8. BOCS ’s administrative work may in the future be carried out by an outsourced service provider and if so BOCS will ensure that the service provider is contractually obligated to comply with this Policy and not divulge information to any third party save as set out in Clause 3 above.
9. Other than the uses mentioned above, BOCS does not otherwise divulge your Personal Data to any individual or organisation for any purpose.
10. Phone Calls and SMS –
(a) BOCS does not make cold calls or marketing calls of any nature.
(b) Phone calls and SMSs may be made to members for the following purposes –
(i) To respond to any enquiry by or deal with any matter involving BOCS members.
(ii) To co-ordinate attendance for any pre-arranged event, meeting or gathering of members.
11. Your membership data may be held in perpetuity unless the dissolution of BOCS occurs, in which case, the data will be disposed of taking into account any input by the Registry of Societies and in accordance with the provisions of the law in force on the date of dissolution. You may request your membership data to be removed from our register on the expiry or transfer of your membership.
12. To protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, BOCS uses security measures such as password protected access of data and periodic backups. However, BOCS does not accept any liability for any loss, damages incurred arising out of or in connection with the Personal Data.
13. You may request/be allowed access to and correct your Personal Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data, or if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is incorrect, or if you believe that the Personal Data held by us was used beyond the scope of the purpose of use set out above or was acquired by fraudulent or unlawful means or provided to a third party without your prior consent, please contact us by sending an email to the current Director of membership and social events of BOCS with a copy to the current Treasurer of BOCS (whose email addresses can be found on www ………_.
14. Any changes in the Policy will be communicated to all current members by email and a copy of the changes will be posted on our website. If at any point we decide to use the Personal Data you submitted under this current Policy in a way that differs materially from the applicable Policy at the time of that submission of Personal Data, you will be notified and given the opportunity via the website, email or in writing to give a fresh consent or prevent such usage.